Electronic Dance Music

Factory Beats
The site with news about the Electronic Dance Music (EDM): Music, Videos, Pictures, Sounds, and other little things related with the scene.

Logic - 1-800-273-8255 ft. Alessia Cara, Khalid (Official Music Video)

 “1-800-273-8255” is a song by American hip-hop artist Logic. It was released on April 28, 2017, through Visionary Music Group and Def Jam Recordings, as the third single from his third studio album Everybody. The song's name is the phone number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. The song features vocals from Canadian and American singer-songwriters Alessia Cara and Khalid respectively. The song was produced by Logic and 6ix.

In an interview with Genius, Logic said:

So the first hook and verse is from the perspective of someone who is calling the hotline and they want to commit suicide. They want to kill themselves. They want to end their life. When I jumped on a tour bus that started in Los Angeles, California and I ended in New York City and did a fan tour where I went to fan’s houses and shared meals with them, hung out with them, played them my album before it came out. Them along with other people on tour, just fans that I met randomly, they’ve said things like, “Your music has saved my life. You’ve saved my life.” And I was always like, “Aw so nice of you. Thanks.” And I give them a hug and shit but in my mind, I’m like, “What the fuck?” And they’re really serious. And they tat shit on their arms and get shit like lyrics that save their life and in my mind, I was like, “Man I wasn’t even trying to save nobody’s life.” And then it hit me, the power that I have as an artist with a voice. I wasn’t even trying to save your life. Now what can happen if I actually did?.

The song's accompanying music video premiered on August 17, 2017 on Logic's Vevo channel on YouTube. The music video was directed by Andy Hines and centers around a young man who struggles with feeling accepted from his sexuality. The video features cameo appearances from Coy Stewart, Nolan Gould, Don Cheadle, Luis Guzmán and Matthew Modine.
Review By Wikipedia

Download/Stream "EVERYBODY" here: http://smarturl.it/EVERYBODYdeluxe
Director - Andy Hines
Executive producer- Luga Podesta & Brandon Bonfiglio
Producer- Andrew Lerios & Alex Randall
Director of photography- Jeff Bierman
Production Designer - Hannah Beachler
Edited by Joe Calardo
Casting - German Legarreta
Assistant production supervisor - Kai Lusk
Assistant Director - Giovanni Cotto-Ortiz
Sound- Joe Bartone & Eric Ballew
Gaffer- Theodore Rysz
Grip- Matthew Lim
Stylist- Antionette Messam
Color by Sean Coleman
Additional footage by- Justin Fleischer, Mike Holland, Josh Rimmey & Zach Williams
Production Assistant Alec Schweitzer
Written & Directed by Andy Hines

Music video by Logic performing 1-800-273-8255. (C) 2017 Def Jam Recordings, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.
Previous
Next Post »