Electronic Dance Music

Factory Beats
The site with news about the Electronic Dance Music (EDM): Music, Videos, Pictures, Sounds, and other little things related with the scene.

Bridgit Mendler - Atlantis feat. Kaiydo (Official Music Video)


Bridgit Mendler stepped back into the studio for the first time in four years, she was nervous. "I had been performing and promoting for so long that I hadn't caught up and figured out who I was. I wasn't the same as the girl who made my debut album." She wanted her music to reach a new depth of vulnerability, of transparency-and she knew she had to do this by exploring her personal heartbreak. "Each of my songs," she explains, "would be based on an unfiltered story from my life. This is what I've gone through and this is who I am because of it."

Today, she announces the highly anticipated Nemesis EP set for release on November 4th. A collection of self-assured and bittersweet relationship songs that entwine pop with hip-hop, alternative R&B, even dancehall, it finds Bridgit confidently bending her voice like a sonic shapeshifter navigating emotional bullets.

The levitating debut single "Atlantis" feat. Kaiydo premiered today via Pigeons & Planes and is set for digital release on Friday, August 26th. Penned in the studio with Nemesis co-producers Book (Mischa Chillak) and Spencer Bastian, "Atlantis" is a snapshot of a tumultuous time in her life. "It's been a very transformative year in so many ways," she says. "This was the first time I've really tapped into those emotions and taken ownership of them."

Bridgit has already released a platinum single, dropped an album that went Top 30 on the Billboard charts, #1 on iTunes, and twice toured the U.S. If her 2012 debut album launched her out of the songwriting gate, Nemesis is the career-changing work that has tested her mettle. With Nemesis, it's the creative journey that matters. "That's what this whole process has been about, really: to dream as big as I want and have confidence in my ideas," says Bridgit. "For me, that's taken a lot of thought and writing - to really concentrate my message into something I can stand behind."

 The Nemesis EP is set for release on November 4th.


Bridgit Mendler - Atlantis feat. Kaiydo is OUT NOW on Musical Freedom! Like this track? Download on Beatport or add it to your favourite Spotify/Apple Music playlist by clicking HERE: https://musical-freedom.lnk.to/DiscoWeapon.

Bridgit Mendler stepped back into the studio for the first time in four years, she was nervous.
Bridgit Mendler - Atlantis feat. Kaiydo (Official Music Video)
Oh I know how to feel I know that love exists... -- Bridgit Mendler
Oh I know how to feel I know that love exists...
The official music video for "Atlantis" by Bridgit Mendler feat. Kaiydo.
The official music video for "Atlantis" by Bridgit Mendler feat. Kaiydo.

Previous
Next Post »